Housewarming Dates /Griha Pravesh Muhurat /Auspicious Dates for Moving into New Home
Housewarming Dates- Most of the people are generally particular about shubh muhurats, when it comes to buying a property or shifting to a new house. They believe that performing a griha pravesh ceremony on an auspicious day, will bring them good fortune and positivity to your new home and life.
So, before you put your first step forward in your new home, check out the best dates for Griha Pravesh Muhurat 2022 to plan the ceremony better and perfect.This is also called as ‘Griha Pravesh’.
Types of Griha Pravesh pujas:
According to Hindu traditions There are three types of Griha Pravesh ceremony can be conducted are:
The Apoorva Griha Pravesh can be conducted when you are entering a newly constructed home. For example, if the flat is new and you are the first person to enter, you will have Apoorva Griha Pravesh.Sapoorva:
The Sapoorva Griha Pravesh is done when people re-enter their house after a long time. If you have been working out of the station and your house was vacant, it is better to choose The Sapoorva Griha Pravesh after a detailed cleaning of the entire building.
If you left your home, because of a natural calamity and are now re-entering your home after a long period of time, you have to perform Griha Pravesh Puja Vidhi. It is known as Dwandhav Griha Pravesh.
Housewarming Dates Griha Pravesh Muhurat 2022-2023 Telugu Gruhapravesam Muhurtham 2022-2023 Rent House Shifting Good Days 2022-2023 Auspicious Dates & Time for Home Shifting-The most auspicious dates for moving into your new home:
Griha Pravesh Shubh Muhurat in January 2022:
No Shubh days available for Griha Pravesh in January 2022.
Griha Pravesh Shubh Muhurat in February 2022:
|5th February 2022||Saturday||Panchami||7:07 AM to 3:36 AM (February 6th)|
|10th February 2022||Thursday||Dashami||11:08 AM to 7:30 AM (February 11th)|
|11th February 2022||Friday||Dashami, Ekadashi||7:03 AM to 6:38 AM (February 12th)|
|18th February 2022||Friday||Dwitiya, Tritiya||04:42 PM to 06:56 AM (February 19th)|
|19th February 2022||Saturday||Uttara Phalguni||06:56 AM to 04:51 PM|
|21st February 2022||Monday||Panchami||06:54 AM to 04:17 PM|
Griha Pravesh shubh muhurat in March 2022:
No Griha Pravesh muhurat available in the month of March 2022.
Griha Pravesh shubh muhurat in April 2022:
No Griha Pravesh muhurat available in the month of April 2022.
Griha Pravesh shubh muhurat in May 2022:
The month from mid-April to mid-May is taken as Baisakha month. There may not be any Griha Pravesh muhurats in the month of April but May that fall with both Baisakha and Jyestha months have a lot of auspicious Griha Pravesh dates 2022.
|2nd May 2022||Monday||Dwitiya||12:34 AM to 5:39 AM|
|11th May 2022||Wednesday||Ekadashi||7:28 PM to 5:32 AM|
|12th May 2022||Thursday||Ekadashi||05:32 AM to 06:51 PM|
|13th May 2022||Friday||Trayodashi||06:48 PM to 05:31 AM|
|14th May 2022||Saturday||Trayodashi||05:31 AM to 03:22 PM|
|16th May 2022||Monday||Pratipada||01:18 PM to 05:29 AM|
|20th May 2022||Friday||Panchami||05:28 AM to 05:28 PM|
|25th May 2022||Wednesday||Dashami, Ekadashi||05:26 AM to 05:25 AM|
|26th May 2022||Thursday||Ekadashi||05:25 to 10:54 AM|
Griha Pravesh shubh muhurat in June 2022:
|1st June 2022||Wednesday||Dwitiya||05:24 to 01:01 PM|
|10th June 2022||Friday||Dashami, Ekadashi||05:23 AM to 03:31 AM|
|16th June 2022||Thursday||Tritiya||12:37 PM to 05:23 AM (June 17th)|
|22nd June 2022||Wednesday||Dashami||08:45 PM to 05:24 AM (June 23rd)|
Griha Pravesh shubh muhurat in July,August, September, October and November 2022:
There are no auspicious mahurats for Griha Pravesh, as it is shukra tara asta time. As per Vedic astrology, planets are not visible to the eye for some days. This happens, as they get too close to the sun. Since Shukra or Venus is not visible, these months are not considered suitable for griha pravesh.
The months of Shravana, Bhadrapada, Ashvina and Kartika, or the Chaturmas (four months), corresponding to the time from July to October/ November are considered sacred. However, these months are not suitable for performing a Griha pravesh puja. This period is connected with religious observances, including penance, austerities and fasting.
Griha Pravesh shubh muhurat in December 2022:
|2nd December 2022||Friday||Dashami, Ekadashi||06:57 AM to 06:58 AM (December 3rd)|
|3rd December 2022||Saturday||Ekadashi||06:58 AM to 05: 34 AM (December 4th)|
|8th December 2022||Thursday||Pratipada||09:37 AM to 07:02 AM (December 9th)|
|9th December 2022||Friday||Pratipada, Dwitiya||07:02 AM to 02:59 PM|
Auspicious Dates for Griha Pravesh in 2023:
|25th January 2023||Wednesday||20:05 to Next Day 06:53||Uttara Bhadrapada|
|27th January 2023||Friday||09:09 to 18:36||Revati|
|30th January 2023||Monday||22:15 to Next Day 06:52||Rohini|
|01st February 2023||Wednesday||06:51 to 14:01||Mrigashirsha|
|08th February 2023||Wednesday||20:14 to Next Day 06:22||Uttara Phalguni|
|10th February 2023||Friday||Next Day 00:17 to 06:48||Chitra|
|22nd February 2023||Wednesday||06:42 to Next Day 03:23||Uttara Bhadrapada|
|08th March 2023||Wednesday||06:33 to Next Day 04:20||Uttara Phalguni|
|10th March 2023||Friday||06:31 to 21:42||Chitra|
|13th March 2023||Monday||21:26 to Next Day 06:28||Anuradha|
|17th March 2023||Friday||06:26 to Next Day 02:46||Uttara Ashadha|
|01st May 2023||Monday||17:51 to 22:09||Uttara Phalguni|
|06th May 2023||Saturday||21:13 to Next Day 05:51||Anuradha|
|15th May 2023||Monday||09:08 to Next Day 01:02||Uttara Bhadrapada|
|20th May 2023||Saturday||21:30 to Next Day 05:46||Rohini|
|22nd May 2023||Monday||05:46 to 10:36||Mrigashirsha|
|29th May 2023||Monday||11:48 to Next Day 04:28||Uttara Phalguni|
|31st May 2023||Wednesday||05:59 to 13:45||Chitra|
|12th June 2023||Monday||10:34 to Next Day 05:45||Uttara Bhadrapada, Revati|
|17th November 2023||Friday||Next Day 01:17 to06:26||Uttara Ashadha|
|22nd November 2023||Wednesday||18:37 to Next Day 06:28||Uttara Bhadrapada|
|23rd November 2023||Thursday||06:28 to 21:01||Uttara Bhadrapada, Revati|
|27th November 2023||Monday||14:45 to Next Day 06:31||Rohini|
|29th November 2023||Wednesday||06:32 to 13:58||Mrigashirsha|
|08th December 2023||Friday||08:53 to Next Day 06:30||Chitra|
|15th December 2023||Friday||08:10 to 22:29||Uttara Ashadha|
|21st December 2023||Thursday||09:36 to 22:08||Revati|
Which Days to avoid for Griha Pravesh ceremony?
There are few days which should be avoided for any kind of auspicious work including property purchase, house warming, etc. These include:
- Lunar Eclipse
- Solar Eclipse
- Lunar months (Consult a local priest for exceptions).
Note: According to religious texts like Dharmasindhu/NirnayaSindhu, the Griha Pravesh ceremony should not be done while Shukra Tara and Guru Tara are Asta or set. Also note, Griha Pravesh auspicious dates and timings are location-based (depending on sunrise and sunset time) and hence, one should consult with a local priest, before proceeding with the ceremony.
Which nakshatras are good for Griha Pravesh?
According to experts, some of the most auspicious nakshatras for Griha Pravesh are:Uttar Bhadrapad
Anuradha Nakshatra are ideal for organizing the ceremony.
Can we shift furniture before Griha Pravesh?
Yes sure, one can move the furniture into a new house before Grah Pravesh pooja. Logically, important is to move into a Vaastu balanced house to ensure better quality of life.
Why do we boil milk in new house?
Entering a new home means the beginning of a ‘new life’ and each of us expects a life without obstacles and filled with contentment. According to Hindu belief, boiling the milk and letting the milk flow and the overflow of milk would ensure our lives a life brimming with wealth, health, and happiness.
What is the best day to move?
Best Day of the Week to Move:
All days of the week are considered auspicious except Tuesdays and Saturdays and in some special circumstances
Tuesday is not an auspicious day for housewarming or entering into a new home. Except for Amavasya and Purnima, dates of Dwitiya, Tritiya, Panchami, Saptami, Dashami, Ekadashi, and Troydashi are considered as auspicious days for Griha Pravesh (housewarming event). Griha pravesh should not be held on a Tuesday.
Which is best Nakshatra in astrology?
It is also favorable for artistic activities including singing. These were the most powerful Nakshatras for wealth according to Vedic Astrology. Other than the ones mentioned above, the Rohini Nakshatra, Uttar Phalguni Nakshatra, and the Vishakha Nakshatra also have an important effect in terms of influences on wealth.
Can we sleep in the new house before a Griha Pravesh ceremony?
No,Griha Pravesh puja or Vastu puja should be done before shifting, to cleanse the space of negative energies.
What brings good luck to a new home?
Pick a Good Day to Move! If your move in date is flexible, choose carefully.
Leave your old broom behind!(and its dust)-don’t bring that stinky old broom into your new home! Leave your past in the dust and start fresh in the new home.Light a Candle or Burn Sage.or Do puja/havan.
Bread and Salt-The combo of bread and salt is traditionally given as a gift from family/neighbors as a symbol of wealth, hospitality and prosperity. Bread is meant to symbolize meals to come, so the inhabitants never know hunger..while salt fills your life with flavor.Boil Milk and Rice.Ring a Bell.
Adopt a fish-Changing your fortune could be as simple as buying some fish(specially golden fish).These watery pets are believed to bring good luck.Burn incense to cleanse the home of bad energy. Once the smoke clears, supposedly any negativity does too.
Bring in bamboo-The bamboo plant is touted as one of the most effective for luck.
Fruits – A bowl of fruits in the home is believed to promote good health, bring wealth, and spread positive energy.
Different fruits carry different meanings – apples are associated with peace, grapes symbolize abundance, pomegranates promote fertility, and peaches represent immortality. In addition to other fruits of your choice, you’re advised to keep nine oranges in a room to ward off bad luck.
Paint Your Porch Blue-Warding off haints, or spirits, by painting your front porch blue is an old southern tradition but a blue house may actually serve more than just that purpose! Many also say blue paint repels insects from nesting and can create the illusion of daylight, brightening your space at dusk, extending the day.
Is panchami good for house warming?
Apart from this, the month of Paush is also considered inauspicious for Griha Pravesh. As far as tithi is concerned, it is said that Dwitiya, Tritiya, Panchami, Saptami, Dashami, Ekadashi, Dwadashiand Trayodashi tithis of Shukla Pakshaare auspicious. However, one should avoid Amavasya and Purnima.
Can we do Griha Pravesh during periods?
No , it is prohibited ,During periods the body is impure and thus no such things must be done. U must take rest as much as u can during this time.Where should Ganesh be placed in the house?
Ganesha Idol should always be placed in the east or west direction of the home, while you can also consider placing it in the North-East direction. Always remember to avoid placing the idol near a washroom or against a wall which is directly attached to the toilet.
Take care all about these points for Griha Pravesh Ceremony:
Some Griha Pravesh Dos and Don’ts rules are worth checking out before the ceremony.
- Always perform the Griha Pravesh Ceremony in a fully constructed home. The doors, windows, and roof should always be in a ready-to-move-in state before the ceremony.
- Always do the griha pravesh on an auspicious day. The idols should be placed in an east-facing direction of the house.
- Thoroughly clean the house before the puja. Mop the floor with salt water, to cleanse and purify the place. You can also wash it with a mixture of salt, lime juice and white vinegar.
- Shift only the cooking gas/oven before the Vastu Puja.If possible keep it also outside only.After Breaking the coconut (If not possible set before) take inside.
- Purify the entire home premises by sprinkling the holy water(ganga jal) with The main door should be decorated, as it is called as Simha Dwara and is the face of the Vastu Purush. Decorate the door with mango leaves and fresh flowers. It should have a swastika, go-padma(Ashtadala padmam) lotus, or any other spiritual symbol at both the ends.
- Adorn the floor with rangoli made of rice flour or vibrant colours. Rangolis on the floor are believed to invite goddesses Lakshmi.
- Break the coconut before entering the new home. It is believed that coconut removes every obstacle of a new journey.
- Enter the house with your right foot forward.
- Place the Puja idol in the direction that faces the east of the home.
- Boil milk during the day of the Griha Pravesh Ceremony. This ritual is believed to bring prosperity and good days to the house.
- A havan (herbs and wood put in fire), is said to purify the space and cleanse the surroundings.
- Perform the Puja only when every member of your family is physically healthy and happy for your new home. it is better to keep negative wishes away on this day.
- Do not shift furniture before the Griha Pravesh Ceremony.
- Never keep the home empty till 3 days of the Griha Pravesh Ceremony.
- Do not perform the puja if there is a death in the family, or if the lady of the house is pregnant.
- Do not talk during the puja
- Everyone who attends the griha pravesh puja must be given some gift; nobody should leave the house empty-handed. It can be anything from a small silver coin, an idol of a god, boxes of sweets, or fresh live plants, depending on one’s budget.
Vastu Implications for the Griha Pravesh Puja:
Every Puja Decoration is not fancy. Some of them fall under the puja rituals to bring positivity to the home. Find out the vastu requirements during the Griha Pravesh Ceremony with colorful decoration, wise company, and positive vibes.
- Decorate the main door of the house with Swastika (the holy symbol for the Hindus), and the feet of Goddess Laxmi on each of the thresholds of the house.
- A Toran of fresh mango leaves and the marigold flower is known as a positive indication. Hang one on each of the doorways.
- Perform the Griha Pravesh Ceremony on the Northeast corner of the house, which is known to be the Ishaan Corner of the house.
- Perform a Havan by Navagraha, Ganesh, and Vastu Puja to sweep off negative energy in the house.
- Serve the priests good food and care once the puja is over.
- Perform the Griha Pravesh Ceremony in a clean and spacious room.
- Pick up some bright Rangoli Colors that are made of rice flour, and decorate the floor with some eye-catching designs.
- Try to not have any obstacles in front of the main gate.
- Do not plan your room decoration without obeying Vastu rules.
- Do not perform the Griha Pravesh Ceremony under closed doors and windows. Try to keep the space as airy as possible.